In Buenos Aires. Raining today, which puts a damper on things. Some brief notes:
- Surpringingly casual so far. Most people are wearing jeans and flip-flops, polo shirt. Even at night, people seem pretty casual for a big city.
- Yeah, there's a lot of beef. Went to La Brigada for dinner. Fun note - they definitly play favorites with seating. We waited ~25 min for a table. Some people who came after us got seated before, some people who came before us got seated after. Super duper casual place (jeans & t-shirt for most people). Good food. Good wine. nothing mind blowing.
- We're gonna run out of things to do here before 5 days are up. Probably wind up taking a trip out of town for a day or something. Debating heading an hour out of town to watch a polo match
- Park Tower hotel is nice. Location is central to the city, but far from anything really cool.
- No point in taking the subway. Taxi's are CHEAP. 15 min taxi ride is ~ $3 US.
- I'm bummed I didn't find Dan Perlman's site sooner. Casa Salt Shaker sounds cool, but sold out while we're here.
More to come later. In the meantime, my initial impression of BA is a bit mixed. I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but I'm a bit disappointed all the same. Still having a great time though!